This article was first published on 30th June 2012 on our sister site. This site at the time was reserved for only medical topics. Since then we have expanded to include “treatments” of societal ills and technology. We have embraced the Geneva Convention’s definition of Health viz. “The state of physical, mental, and social well being and not mere absence of disease.” Hence we are able to bring you on this site, a topic so important as to affect every fabric of our society in Nigeria today.
Insecurity is our number one problem in Nigeria today. It is costing us millions of dollars in revenue. Tourism in the northern states is almost dead. Developments in those states affected by Boko Haram terrorism is at a stand still. Foreign investors are scared. Investments go up in flames within minutes and lives are lost in hundreds. How do we tackle this cancer?
A Chemist with special knowledge of Arabic culture and an Islamic scholar says that we can only tackle this cancer when we know how the minds of these extremists work. We agree. Given below is a write up by Paul Iguniwei. We enjoin all and especially those given the responsibility to tackle this menace, to read this article and digest it.
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF BOKO HARAM
What if I told you that the Boko Haram sect are the ones practicing the true Islam!
Based on their interpretation. One way to find out if the above statement is true is to listen to what boko haram is saying, research the source(s) they are consulting.
1. At the end of this treatise, you will have a chilling understanding of the enormity of the ideology of the bokoharam sect
2. To compass the operations of the sect and show a consistent pattern of their objectives.
To give you an all encompassing and comprehensive solution to the bokoharam menace to help save our country from disintegration
What is in a name?
A name tells a lot of the mind set of an individual and his ideology. Bokoharam simply means the western type of education is forbidden in an Islamic society. It is forbidden because it contradicts, defiles and contaminates the Ummah and the Islamic ideology.
However, with due respect to Sheikh Abu Shekau. I will now hence forth use their proper name: JAMA’ATU AHILIS SUNNA LIDDA’AWATI WAL JIHAD. In English, it translates to mean the People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophet’s Teachings and Jihad.
Again pay attention to the name! For the purpose of this submission I shall refer to Abu Shekau’s group as JAS (Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna)
From the above JAS has categorically made it clear that what they are doing now is one way of being committed to the propagation of the prophet’s teachings & Jihad. A note of warning: if you truly need to appreciate the operation of JAS. Ignore what chicken hearted northern leaders say about them instead pay attention to what JAS is saying.
The prophet teachings and Jihad are found in the Usul Al-FIQH- the roots of Islamic jurisprudence include among many others, the Quran, Sunnah & the Hadith. JAS I must add also consult the teachings of early Islamic scholars and the present ones with hard line interpretations.
Follow me as I enter the mind of a JAS ideologue……
……………..booting into JAS mindset….
Ok. I am now a JAS ideologue.
Listen to our philosophy.
1. We submit to Allah and His messenger ALONE & we are against all forms of corruption Surah Al-Nisa 4:59 (Noble Quran) Surah 5:33 & 48 Surah 7:2-3. Surah 34:44. Surah 4:80
2. Jihad is the only sure way to paradise. Our focus is to overcome people who do not accept Islam. We do jihad in obedience to Allah Surah Al-Anfal8:39, Surah 4:74, Surah 9:89, Surah 9:5 (Ali translation)
Jihad is for all Muslims. Refusal to enter Jihad puts Muslims in the same class as unbelievers if you can’t become a shaeed, then your substance & donation would do. Surah 4:95 (Noble Quran), Surah 9:81, Surah 8:16 (Ali translation), Surah 9:29.
See Surah 2:217; 4:71-104;8:24-36 & 39-65. Additionally surah 4:89 (Noble Quran) those who reject Islam must be killed. If they turn back (from Islam), take (hold of) them & kill them wherever you find them.
Surah 47:4 (The Noble Quran) so when you meet (in fight-Jihad in Allah’s cause) those who disbelieve, smite (their) necks till when you have killed & wounded may of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, taking them captives)
Surah 8:67 (The Noble Quran) it is not for a prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land.
3. Why we attack Christians: Surah 8:39, surah 9:29, surah 5:51, surah 5:52-57, surah 4:89, surah 8:57, surah 4:123. Additionally surah An-Nisa 4:47 (Noble Quran) O you who have been given the scripture (Jews & Christians) Believe in what we have revealed (to Muhammad) confirming what is (already) with you, before we efface faces (by making them like the back of necks without nose, mouth, eyes) & turn them hind wards or curse them as we cursed the Sabbath breakers. And the commandment of Allah is always executed.
Please also read the footnote attached to the verse. Sahih Muslim19:4294
4. As Muslims we obey only Allah’s authority and not the Nigerian constitution. Surah 5:44, 47 (Ali translation) if any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah has revealed, they are (no better than unbelievers…….. if they fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah has revealed they are (no better than) those who rebel. We will continue to fight, to struggle until shariah law is deployed through out Nigeria. Additional citations, why we will not obey the Nigeria government & her constitution: surah 5:3, 18:26. 19:64. 4:141. 63:8. 5:49. 3:28. 4:59. 9:29. Hadith: Bukhari 53:392
5. Why we attack some Muslims and Muslims in government: surah Al-Munafiqun 63:1-8 surah Al baqarah 2:204 Hadith: Muslim 20:4696
6. We obey the one who obeys the prophet (Pbuh) of Allah SAYYID QUTB; “Islam is not merely a belief, so that its merely enough to preach it. Islam which is a way of life takes practical steps to organize a movement for freeing man…hence it’s the duty of Islam to annihilate all such systems, as they are obstacles in they way of universal freedom. The foremost duty of Islam in this world is to depose Jahiliyyah (unbelievers) from the leadership of mere men into its own hands & enforce the particular way of life which is its permanent feature” We urge all TRUE muslims to read his book Ma’alim fi el- Tareek. Books & poems by Shokri Moustafa. Book: Al kalafa. Poems: 1.El-Maalhamma 2.El-Hi-jira 3.El Tawaseemat. We also believe 100% the teachings of Ibn Tamiyah, may Allah bless him.
………Rebooting. . . Stop command.
Ok, I just finished showing you the mindset & the ideology of JAS based on their interpretation of the Holy Quran. Now based on this ideology lets do some analysis at finding a permanent solution at checkmating their Onslaught.
Now you understand:
1.why they cannot enter dialogue with the Jonathan government because (i) they are not in Danger, they are actually controlling the pace (ii) There is no instruction(s) from the Quran to negotiate with an unbeliever government.
2. Why they will continue to attack Christians and any muslim that speak out against them or any symbol of govt Institution for that matter and why many muslim scholars have been killed.
3. Why JAS is not a politically controlled movement, even though politicians like Ndume rode on their back for political power & for personal protection. 4. Now you know JAS members are not crazy or criminals (by Allah’s law) a big mistake our security operatives of this government continue to make.
1. Government with sincere northern leaders must begin massive education of youths in the north and genuine economic empowerment of the downtrodden and masses of northern Nigeria.
2. The political class must be rid of corruption in the whole country. JAS is watching with disgust, the level of government corruption and impunity. It reminds them of the dark ages known as JAHILINCI-retrogression and ignorance, corruption of the human society.
3. Most IMPORTANTLY, muslim scholars must help to theologically reconstruct the mindset of the youths into mainstream Islam, in so doing JAS would be isolated ideologically. This is very important; government must throw in all her resources available to identifying Imams with credible credentials, with grassroots connections. With vast knowledge in Islamic Fiqh and Qiyas. Those who can explain Taqiyya and al-Nasikh wal-Mansoukh in their proper context as it relates to our present societies.
4. The Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs under the leadership of the Sultan of Sokoto must get the Ijma al-Ummah and Ijma al-Aimmah
in deciding the fate of JAS. This is also most IMPORTANT.
5. Items 3 and 4 above can NOT proceed unless the government can guarantee the security of the common man on the street, and whole communities around the JAS sphere of influence.
6. Special forces must be put together that will think and fight like JAS-taking the Battle to them. . .
Above write up is published on this blog by permission of Paul Igunwei.
Paul Igunwei is a scientist by profession but has a deep interest and love for the Islamic Religion. He has devoted many years to the study of the Holy Koran. An erudite scholar and a social critic.
Article written by Paul Iguniwei and reproduced here by permission.
Please let’s have your comments on this post. Your comments can go a long way in helping to stem the tide of this situation in Nigeria.
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad