When I started this compilation I didn’t know if I’ll get up to five reasons or surpass it.
Technically a virgin and her hymen should go together. Hmm, “hymen” odd name if you ask me; as if teasing the male folks out there like – hi men am still here.
Does the hymen even have a function? Its probably just a vestigial tissue (I stand to be corrected on this) if it protects ladies as many would claim, won’t that also suggest that the countless non virgins out there would by now be suffering from one ailment or the other?
- Virginity and chastity comes from an era were women had no rights and their sense of self and sexuality belonged to their religion, parents or husbands. An era that stoned, tortured, circumcised young girls, told them not to touch themselves and demonised sex even though sex is one of our basic cravings.
- When we talk of sex as it is, I believe the saying “anything worth doing is worth doing well” comes to mind. I also believe a good employer would get employees with experience. So why marry a virgin. Marriage is sweetest in its early years when youth and vigor is at its peak, so if you ask me I’d say lay a good foundation for companionship and other areas of compatibility but also have good satisfying sex and who better to deliver this than a lady with experience.
- Virgins have the loudest imaginations and am talking about “dirty”, “lascivious”, “lewd”, “carnal”, “risque”, “indecent” imaginations (using the language of the do gooders of course). So believe me though they’ll be shouting #VirginAndProud, #TeamVirgin but they are dying of frustration and can’t wait to get rid of that hymen.
- Virgins look forward to their wedding nights but they also dread it. The pain that accompanies a big something entering their tiny orifice and tearing that hymen is a horror movie on its own, ask any girl, the first time is often not fun but painfully horrible. So virgins why not just get rid of it early and save yourself the pain and dive into the pleasure part when its wedding night. There is a story of a newly wed couple who had to repeat the pain full process up to three nights without the hymen breaking because the unbearable pain always made the lady pull back and postpone the operation.So for those saving themselves for marriage do you know that the longer you wait the thicker the hymen gets and the more painful to break. Too bad for my sisters in their late twenties your younger teen sisters had it easier.
- On a lighter note what if, God forbids, while Miss V was saving herself for marriage she had an accident and died without tasting sex, she’ll probably join up with some other 72 virgins and be offered up to one suicide bomber in jihadist heaven.
So ask yourselves, these guys pushing for virgins why aren’t they virgins themselves. And for girls learn to live your own life, if chastity is your thing follow it, but if you are free spirited by all means don’t cage yourself, but learn to stay safe and don’t over do things.
Remember a new broom sweeps clean but an old broom knows the corners.
WillyWest is a scientist, a social critic, and a writer.
His articles will feature here on our site from time to time